Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Odd Movie Connection Edition

As I had previously stated Hollywood has officially run over ideas, especially as it regards to horror movies. They remade Halloween. They remade The Last House On The Left. They "reimagined" Friday the 13th. So you know damn well what was bound to happen. That's right! A new Nightmare on Elm Street. The worst part is someone else is playing Freddy Kruger which to me just seems wrong on about 47 levels (47 is a good number cause I think that's how many Nightmare movies they have). So I was curious to see who was going to play Kruger. I popped my web browser to IMDB to look it up. The name sounded familar so I clicked on his page. It's kinda scary and not in a horror kind of scary. The person wearing the burned face and the sweater is Jackie Earle Haley. His first major acting role? He was Kelly Leake in the Original Bad News Bears! The kid too old to be on a Little league team that rode a motorcycle is your new Freddy Kruger. No lie. Another odd bit I learned from IMDB is at one point Billy Bob Thorton was considered for the role. And Thornton appeared in the remake of.... THE BAD NEWS BEARS!.

Another odd movie connection I noticed recently.... In Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland the movie features Johnny Depp (really? In a Tim Burton movie) and Crispin Glover who spoofed Depp's performance in Charlie and The Chocalate Factory in the movie Epic Movie. Kinda odd.

What does The Entertainment Guru and Zach Braff have in common? Despite internet stories, we are both still alive!

I think this is the T-shirt of the month. I saw someone wearing a shirt that said "I still live at home". The young man wearing the shirt was close to eight years old. It's good to know that he is still living at home cause I would be worried if he wasn't.

Once again proving Vince Vaughn can do no wrong. Your number one movie of the weekend was Couples Retreat. I think people would come to the theaters to see him read the classic book "There is a Monster at the end of this book". Vince Vaughn as Grover? Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment