Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Harry Potter Review Edition

I recently did a blog about the ending of the Harry Potter movies. I stated that I hadn't seen a Harry Potter movie since the 3rd one and I fell asleep during it. But my girlfriend is a fan of Harry Potter so she wanted to see the last one in theaters. So I recently (and by recently I mean a month ago) took a trip to the theater to catch Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2.

For not really knowing what was going on throughout most of the movie, and only knowing a handful of characters names (Harry, Ron, Hermonie, Snape and Voldemort) I did enjoy it. Special effects were amazing as one would expect. It was also pretty amazing to say just to see how far the three kids had come since the debut film.

I really only had one concern about the movie. The ending of the movie is supposed to be this epic battle between Harry and his archenemy Voldemort, the man that is trying to kill him. But the battle wasn't quite as long as I expected it to be. I expected the fight to be atleast ten minutes where both sides had an advantage. It didn't seem that it happened. It was a great build up to it, but the ending was slightly flat for me. It was explained to me that in the book the final battle was much more epic then what was shown. It makes sense. I mean even though the movie was split into two parts from one movie, but still it just seemed like it could have been so much more.

Otherwise I would definitely give it a solid 85 % and it's only that low just cause I was clueless for parts of it. As long as you have a basic idea of the series, I do highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment