Friday, February 25, 2011

My 2011 Oscar Prediction Edition

This sunday is the Oscars! And something tells me this year there may be a few "upsets" in the winners. So Let me see how close I can get in predictions. I did decently last year. So here we go!

Best Supporting Actress:
Amy Adams
Helena Bonham Carter
Melissa Leo
Halllee Steinfeld
Jacki Weaver


I only saw two of these performances. I personally would like to see Hallee Steinfeld win because this was her first major role and she frightened me as a 14 year old who apparently has a good lawyer. If the other awards are an indicator then Amy Adams will win. So I will pick her to win.

Best Supporting Actor
Christian Bale
John Hawkes
Jeremy Renner
Mark Ruffalo
Geoffery Rush

Again, I only saw one of these performances. And I think this may be one that goes against all the other award winners. I have it between Jeremy Renner and Geoffery Rush, so I am going to give it Captain Barbossa, Geoffery Rush.

Best Actress
Annete Benning
Nicole Kidman
Jennifer Lawerence
Natalie Portman
Michelle Williams

Natalie Portman. This is her year to win. She has come a long way from Star Wars in this performance.

Best Actor
Javier Bardem
Jeff Bridges
Jesse Eisenberg
Colin Firth
James Franco

Natalie Portman isn't the only lock of the night. So is Colin Firth. Back to back wins for him. As much as I liked Jeff Bridges, he basically mumbled. Anyone can mumble. But I see Colin Firth winning in a land slide.

Best Director
Darren Aronofsky
David O. Russell
Tom Hooper
David Fincher
Joel and Ethan Cohen

I think really there wouldn't be any upsets in this category. I think if any of them won, no one would be surprised. I am pulling for The Cohen Brothers to win. But I am going to go with David Fincher to win.

Best Movie
127 Hours
Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
Toy Story 3
True Grit
Winter's Bone
The Kids Are All Right
The Social Network
King's Speech

I am still not a fan of ten nominations for best Movie but since I am not a voter no one asked me my opinion. I can really only see three films winning this. Black Swan, The Social Network and King's Speech. So I am going to go ahead and say Black Swan will win Best Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment