Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Natalie Portman Edition!

Every year, Entertainment Weekly in mid December releases their Entertainer of The Year. I know it's only mid January, but I am going on record to say who 2011 Entertainer of the Year will be. It will be none other then Queen Amidala herself, Natalie Portman.

Why do I say that? Well, for starters she has not one, not two, not three, but FOUR movies coming out in 2011. Plus, I think she has something else going on, but we will get to that a little bit later.

Her first movie of the year comes out this month. It's a comedy called "No Strings Attached" co-starring Mr. Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher. Even better, it's a sex comedy starring Natalie Portman. It does look pretty funny. Ashton Kutcher plays the same character he plays in pretty much every movie, TV show and even camera commerical.

Next up is "Your Highness" co-starring James Franco, Danny McBride and Zoey Deschanel. James Franco as a brave knight? Oh yeah, I can see that. Danny Mcbride as a goofy knight? Goofy? Of course... a knight? Well, If Martin Lawrence can play a knight I dont see why.

Then in Early May a little movie called "Thor". It's the next in the Pre-Avenger Marvel comic movies also starring Anthony Hopkins and Chris Hemsworth. The first trailer didnt make me want to see the movie, but after the trailer I saw last night makes me excited for the movie.

At some point later in the year or early 2012 (if we as a society make it that far) she has a movie in pre-production called Cloud Atlas as well.

There is more that will add to her year. She has been nominated for a Golden Globe and a Screen Actor's Guild award for her performance in "Black Swan". There is serious Oscar buzz for her as well for the first time in her career as well.

As if that wasnt enough for her year, she is also currently pregnant and engaged so I think that alone should make it the year of Portman!

1 comment: