Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Welcome to the First Ever Entertainment Guru News and Views Blog

Welcome to the first ever Entertainment Guru News and Views Blog. I am your host, the Entertainment Guru. I receieved the name (though I probably gave myself the nickname which is pretty much the lamest thing one can do, but I digress). Of course the biggest entertainment story of the past few weeks is Disney's acquisition of Marvel Entertainment. I really don't know what to think about it. Part of me, the comic book geek is quite happy about this. But there is something that just doesn't sit well with me. All though this does open up a new window of opportunities. Think of it this way. I have heard that only Johnny Depp will be back if they do a Pirates of The Caribeean 4. So this opens up new ideas. What if Captain Jack Sparrow teams up with Namor the Submariner (he is the Marvel version of Aquaman) for an new Pirates movie? Come on. Imagine the possibilities. Or Wolverine teaming up with none other then Goofy. That is box office Gold right there. ANd this week as well starts the final (more then likely) season of Supernatural on the CW. Cause this season the Winchester Boys don't battle demons or ghosts. They kind of fight Satan himself. It's kind of hard to go back to fighting the Demon of the week after that, you know? Sadly, Smallville is still on the air and for some strange reason, I will probably still watch it despite it being so lame these days. Does anyone think that Hollywood has officially run out of ideas? Espeically when it comes to horror movies. The number one movie in America for the 2nd straight Week is The Final Destination. Which is of course different from Final Destination. Why not just call it Final Destination 4? You know somehow they will do another movie about teenagers fighting to avoid Death. And speaking of useless sequels. As they said in last year's installment.... if it's Halloween it must be Saw. That's right, kids. Saw 6 coming out this halloween. The last one made just about the same amount at the Box Office as the first one. So I am sure that means we can look forward to Saw 7 next year. And Saw 8 in 2011. And well you get the point. I want to thank you for stopping by the first addition of the Entertainment Guru News and Views. If you have any topics that you would like me to rant or rave on please leave me a reader comment and I will be more then glad to do it in a future Blog. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment