Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Second EGNVies Nominations Edition

Welcome back to the Second Entertainment Guru News and Views Movie Awards. This should be the third EGNVies but for some strange reason, I didn't do it last year. Which is a real shame. While Lori and I saw some great movies this year, we didn't see nearly as many as we did the year before. But we saw some quality movies that deserve some recognition. Only movies that we saw from 2/8/2013 until today are eligible for nominations. The movie also had to come out between that time as well. I hope that you will agree with my choices. So here we go with the nominees. Last time I gave you the nominees and the winners at the same time, but I thought this year I would divide it up. I mean the Oscars don't nominate and award at the same time, so I won't either.

Nominees for Ensemble Cast of the year: The Last Vegas, Grudge Match, Fast & Furious 6, Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and Saving Mr. Banks.

Best Female Comedic Performance: Melissa McCarthy in The Heat, Sandra Bullock in The Heat, Teresa Palmer in Warm Bodies, and Tina Fey in Admission.

The nominees for Best Male in an Action Movie are: Tom Hiddleston in Thor, The Dark World, Dwayne Johnson in Fast & Furious 6, Chris Hemsworth in Thor, The Dark World, Josh Hutcherson in Catching Fire, and Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 6.

Now it's the Best Male Comedic Performance. Your nominees are: Josh Gad in Frozen, Steve Carell in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Alan Arkin in Grudge Match, and Nicholas Hoult in Warm Bodies.

It's time for the nominees for Villain of the Year. Today we nominate Donald Sutherland as President Snow in Catching Fire, Emma Thompson as P.L. Travers in Saving Mr. Banks, Robert DeNiro as Billy 'The Kid' McDonnen in Grudge Match, Dave Franco as Perry in Warm Bodies, and Luke Evans as Shaw in Fast & Furious 6. I know most people wouldn't consider Emma Thompson the villain of the movie, but she was just so negative it's kind of hard for me not to.

Nominees for Best Female in an Action Movie only has two nominations as well this time around. Last time it was Paula Patton vs Jennifer Lawrence. J-Law returns, this time as Katniss Everdeen. She will face Michelle Rodriguez from Fast & Furious 6.

You will notice that there isn't going to be either best actor or actress in a drama because we really didn't see any movies with serious drama in it. So congratulations to Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson for winning Best Actor in a Drama and Best Actress in a Drama for Saving Mr. Banks.

And finally the nominees for EGNVies Movie of the Year are: Frozen, Warm Bodies, The Heat, Fast & Furious 6, and Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

Check back next week when we announce the winners!

Earlier today the leads were announced in the reboot for Fantastic Four. If you missed it, Miles Teller will be Reed Richards, Kate Mara will be Sue Storm, Michael B. Jordan will be Johnny Storm and Jamie Bell will be Ben Grimm. Quite honestly I am trying to tell which had more of a fan outrage, this casting or Batfleck. Again, there has been casting that has been booed upon announcing that worked out. So I will reserve judgment on both cases until I see them in action.

Speaking of action and comic book movies I was doubting. I watched the trailer for "Guardians Of The Galaxy" yesterday. I will admit that I have not read any of the comics, so I will be going into it differently than I have any of the other comic book movies I’ve watched. But for this, I wasn't looking forward to it. It just sounded strange. But after watching the first trailer, I am definitely looking forward to it now.

As always a special thanks goes to my editor and fiancée Lori who makes this readable

#77

No comments:

Post a Comment