Friday, May 27, 2011

Saying Goodbye Edition....

Before you get all teary eyed at the name of this week's Entertainment Guru, I am not going anywhere. I just made my not so truimphant return so it's going to take a power outtage of biblical proportions (or a really slow entertainment news week) to slow me down....

This week, after twenty five years on the air Oprah say goodbye. I will admit that I never watched much of Oprah in the past twenty five years. But she did help change the world in mostly positive ways through her talk show. It's because of her we have people like a marriage counselor on TV that has been divorced like five times. No one would know who Dr. Phil was if it wasn't for Oprah. We wouldnt really know who Gayle King was either, except I would because she used to be a newscaster in Connecticut so I had seen her long before she was OBFF (Oprah's Best Friend Forever). In fact, alot of syndicated afternoon shows wouldn't be here if the people who are hosting them didnt know Oprah.

We are also saying goodbye to Jeff Conaway. He died earlier today. It is sad when someone doesn't know how to cope with success so they turn to drinking and drugs, like the case of Conaway. It's a little known fact that if I ever got a chance to be in Grease, I wouldn't want to be Danny Zuko. No, I always thought I would make a great Kinnicki. My hats off to Jeff Conaway for the entertainment through the musical Grease as well as his time on Taxi.

Did you hear? Kim Kardashian is marrying a basketball player. I think we are to the point that when a Kardashian is born, an athlete (most likely a basketball player) should be set aside for the right time... for him to marry her. And for E! to televise every single action that they do.

I am more then impressed with Justin Timberlake these days. Just over a decade ago he was the guy in that little boy band that did ok for themselves. Sure he was in the Mickey Mouse Club when he was even younger, but really... I never expected him to turn into such an actor. He has two great movies coming out this year "Friends With Benefits" and "Bad Teacher" and also hosted the season finale of Saturday Night Live and did a phenomnal job, I might add.

No comments:

Post a Comment