Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor Edition

Breaking news: Elizabeth Taylor died earlier this morning.

I admit that I don't watch a lot of old movies, despite being the entertainment Guru. I have never seen Cleopatra, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf or even Cat on A Hot Tin Roof. In fact I have never seen anything that she acted in. All I can tell you is that she married alot of guys in her time and was friends with Michael Jackson.

She was a fashion icon though. She is one of the few people known more for their style then for anything else. She was humanatarian, donating a lot of her money to charities.

The last few years of her life had been known more for frequent trips to the hospital then anything.

She is one of the last Icons from Hollywood from yesteryear. She always seemed to have a certain class to her, in the interviews I saw of her, that most of today's young Hollywood will never understand. There are few people left in the world like her. Her fans all around the world will mourn her, though very few people will be surprised.

Hopefully this week I will post another blog, one that isn't so somber.

No comments:

Post a Comment